CERTIFICATION AREAS & TIMELINE
EARN A TEXAS STANDARD TEACHER CERTIFICATE IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS/GRADE LEVELS
TEXAS STANDARD TEACHER CERTIFICATE
THE TEXAS STATE BOARD FOR EDUCATOR CERTIFICATION TIMELINE
To be recommended for the Texas Standard Teacher Certificate, all teacher candidates must successfully complete the following:
1. Application and Acceptance for Admission
2. All tasks and assessments in Modules 1-4. The enrollment fee is submitted at this point via electronic invoicing.
DATE: Upon program admission and within one year of enrollment
3. All tasks and assessments in Module 5, including 30 clock hours of school-based observations. Once Module 5 is complete, teacher candidates are approved to sit for the required TExES examinations (TExES Content and Pedagogy and Professional Responsibilities EC-12 #160 ). Information regarding certification exam requirements and registration is detailed under the
specific certification areas listed below.
DATE: After Module 4 and within one year of enrollment
4. After passing the TExES exams, all teacher candidates select their preferred Professional Practicum route (14 weeks as a Teacher Assistant or One Academic Year as an Intern/Probationary Teacher of Record). Only one Professional Practicum is required. Field Supervisors, Principals, and Cooperating/Mentor Teachers must recommend the teacher candidate for the Texas Standard Teacher Certificate at the conclusion of the Professional Practicum. Monthly Professional Practicum fees are submitted during the Professional Practicum via electronic invoicing.
DATE: After passing TExES exams and within two years of enrollment
5. After completion of the Professional Practicum and all program fees, all teacher candidates complete a certification exit review with the program director prior to receiving a formal recommendation for the Texas Standard Teacher Certificate. TEA conducts a national background check on all certification applicants.
DATE: Upon successful completion of Professional Practicum